Is anyone else watching Power of 10? I've caught it a few times and it has an interesting concept. Power of 10 is a high-stakes game that challenges contestants to guess the behaviors, opinions and lifestyle choices of the American public for the chance to win $10 million dollars. Power of 10 airs Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS. Drew Carey is the host. You learn a few things about the American public, but the questions can be so out of context that I'm forced to wonder how much stock to put in the results. For example, this week you may have picked up these tidbits:
- 30% of American men would not marry a woman who already had children with someone else
- 28% of Americans have participated in a political rally at least once in their lives
- 18% of American women said they would get plastic surgery if their partner asked them to
- 53% of Americans said they would swim in a pool with someone who they knew was HIV-positive
- 17% of Americans have visited an adult web site in the last six months
- 66% of Americans think Idaho senator Larry Craig was lying when he said he wasn't gay
So what do you think? Are the results realistic? Any of them surprise you?