Here's this week's roundup of news bits and pieces that you should be checking out but we didn't find time to do longer posts about. Feel free to use this as an open thread to link us to other stories or your own blog posts.
- A same-sex marriage bill will be introduced in Washington DC on Tuesday by openly gay city councilor David Catania.
- GLAAD has released a study showing a gradual increase in the number of LGBT regular characters on primetime broadcast TV. Click through for a complete list of characters.
- Lesbian moms are suing their doctors for discrimination after they were denied intra-uterine fertilization.
- Maine's Commission on Governmental Ethics and Election Practices will launch an investigation into allegations of financial irregularities made against the National Organization for Marriage and Stand for Marriage Maine PAC. The decision overruled an earlier staff recommendation that not enough evidence was presented.
- Nate Silver gives three to one odds that Maine's proposed marriage amendment will fail at the ballot box.
- Maggie Gallagher's husband not welcome at a NOM event because he's Hindu?