This week the author of the Illinois civil unions bill, openly gay state representative Greg Harris joins us before our regular round table to discuss the background and potential impact of the new law. Find out what's next and when it goes into effect.
Then our round table tackles the week's latest news, including the latest on Don't Ask, Don't Tell repeal, Perry V. Schwarzenegger, the Proposition 8 federal hearings set for December 6th before a 3-judge panel at the Ninth Circuit Court, Dr. Laura's anti-DADT stance, an anti-gay iTunes app, censorship at the Smithsonian, Ladies Home Journal and bullying, and the 21st World AIDS Day. Joining us this week are:
- Co-host and producer of the news, trends and interviews podcast Feast of Fun, Marc Felion
- Washington Blade reporter Chris Johnson
- Deputy Executive Director of the Palm Center, a progressive gender and sexuality issues think tank, Christopher Neff
- Bilerico and Change.org contributor and Founder of lesbian mom blog, Mombian, Dana Rudolph
- National LGBT advocate and educator, and member of the Human Rights Campaign board of directors, Meghan Stabler
Listen to the show after the jump.