Excuse me for a second while I do some blatant self-promotion...
If you're looking for a speaker for your college group, conference, or office diversity workshops, I'm available for speaking engagements. Over the past couple of years, I've led and participated in conversations on LGBT rights, social media best practices, doing activist work in an online medium, best blogging practices, and how nonprofits can use blogs and social media to their best advantage. I'm also an established commenter on various television and radio programs and I'm regularly quoted by major mass media outlets like the New York Times and Washington Post.
- SouthBySouthWest conference
- Netroots Nation
- NGLTF's Creating Change conference (3 years)
- BlogIndiana conference (2 years)
- Woodhull Foundation's Sexual Freedom Day
- Out In Front Young Leadership conference
- Blogger & Citizen Journalist Initiative (2 years)
If you'd like to book me to speak, please shoot me an e-mail to discuss. The first half of the year is starting to book up, so get your request in early!
(Photo is of contributor Karen Ocamb presenting me with the LA Stonewall Democratic Club's Bob Craig Media Award in 2010)