Ever dreamed of owning the Bob Mackie gown Bette Midler wore during the Bette! Divine Madness tour? How about the Valentino gown she wore to the 1992 Academy Awards? Maybe the dress from the cover of the Divine Miss M?
The chance is yours if you've got a few thousands laying around. Midler is auctioning off some of her memorabilia to support her personal charity, New York Restoration Project. The "greening organization" works to restore and create parks, community gardens and open spaces in NYC.
Items up for grabs and how to bid are after the break.
- (Est. $2000 - $3000). Created by Bob Mackie for Midler, worn during the Bette! Devine [sic] Madness tour.Midler opened the show in this ensemble signing "Big Noise from Winnetka."
- Bette Midler Album Cover Dress (Est. $2000 - $3000). Featured on the back cover of the 1972 debut album The Divine Miss M, and subsequently on the front cover of the 1976 album Songs For The New Depression.
- Bette Midler Album Cover Dress By Bob De Mora (Est. $1000 - $1500). This dress was worn by Midler on the cover of the 1998 album Bathhouse Betty. Dress has since been utilized in a video shoot, photo shoots, and live performances.
- Bette Midler Performance Jumpsuit (Est. $500 - $700). Worn by Midler during performances of the 1979 - 1980 Bette! Divine Madness tour.
- Bette Midler Vegas Showgirl Costume (Est. $2000 - $3000). Worn by Midler during performances of the 2008 - 2010 show at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas, The Showgirl Must Go On.
- Bette Midler's Delores De Lago Costume (Est. $1000 - $1500). Worn by Midler during performances of the 2008 - 2010 show at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas, The Showgirl Must Go On.
- Bette Midler Academy Award Gown By Valentino (Est. $1000 - $1500). Designed by Valentino and worn by Midler to the 64th annual Academy Awards in 1992. Midler was nominated for Best Actress for her portrayal of Dixie Leonard in For The Boys.
From Julien's Auctions:
Registering to Bid Registration is required to bid in this live auction and can be done either in person at the exhibitions and auction or by visiting the registration page at www.juliensauctions.com before the sale or by calling (310) 836-1818.
Placing Bids There are four ways to bid in this sale:
- Bid through Julien's Auctions Online Live in Real Time atJuliensLive.com.
- Place bids in the room by attending the auction.
- Bid over the telephone through an auction house representative, who sits in the room and conveys the bid to the auctioneer.
- Enter Absentee bids. Absentee bid forms are printed in the back of each catalogue, and are also available by calling Julien's Auctions (310) 836-1818 or online at our Register to Bid page at www.juliensauctions.com.