With all the talk about the Trayvon Martin murder, conservative asshats have continued to insist that the victim's hoodie helped cause his death because it made him look "suspicious." Personally, I love hoodies and my two main jackets and my winter coat all have hoods. Somehow I'm not deemed dangerous when I'm outside wearing mine. Who else wore a hoodie most of the time? Jeebus. Of course, as someone pointed out on Facebook, look what happened to him...
So what should you know headed into the work week? Here it is:
- A study of Australian dolphins has found some interesting tidbits about "gay" male dolphins: they "loathe physical confrontations, though they are rather snippy, and their social lives full of 'constant drama.'"
- Nancy Pelosi and House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer have sent Speaker Boehner a very sternly worded letter objecting to his constant decisions to expand the scope of his defense of DOMA. He's now ordered House lawyers to intervene in a California court case seeking spousal benefits for a disabled lesbian veteran. Pelosi and Hoyer argue that the BLAG intervention was for one specific case and not the twelve Boehner has targeted.
- The lawsuit brought by unpaid Huffington Post bloggers seeking a portion of the site's $315 million sale, was tossed by U.S. District Judge John Koeltl. The bloggers said their contributions made the site valuable; the judge said no one forced them to participate and they knew they weren't getting paid when they started blogging there. If I sell Bilerico Project for bajillions, I'd be more than happy to compensate our unpaid bloggers. Seems fair.
- Did a Price Is Right model "mock" gays on Twitter? Or was it just juvenile jokes? And when did gay people lose their sense of humor? Isn't camp a part of our heritage?
- Which celebrities would you let watch your kids?
- It appears that former high school student council president Reuben Lack's story about being removed just for advocating for LGBT inclusion at prom isn't the entire story. A judge ruled that his performance as president was incredibly lackluster and was the reason for his removal.
- Apparently one of the staffers Newt Gingrich laid off was his stylist. His wife, Callista, is now grooming the presidential wannabee before interviews.