We've talked before about the absurdity of exclusionary rhetoric on hookup apps and websites, but this Grindr user takes the cake. For some reason, gay men seem to find the little blurbs the profiles feature as the best spot to highlight their prejudices. "No fats." "No fems." "No blacks." "No Latinos." "No Asians." The list goes on and on.
Sometimes though, you get a real Mensa member who posts a particularly ridiculous profile. Douchebags of Grindr is pointing out this particularly ridiculous profile this morning. This "masculine guy" walks, talks, and acts like a boy, dammit. He just happens to like playing with teddy bears - which surveys say are the top indicator of a macho man who doesn't eat quiche, has no lisps, and definitely walks like "a boy."
These hookup apps and sites bring out the worst hypocrisy from some folks. A personal favorite is the closet cases who complain that all gay men want is ass while they're cruising Grindr during a conversation with friends. Maybe if these sexually prejudiced guys opened their boundaries a bit, they'd find someone for longer than a one night hookup - even if the dream guy a chubby Asian fem.
- "Pregnant man" Thomas Beatie has separated from his wife.
- Actor Chris Evans thinks its "insane" and "embarrassing" that gay people can't get married.
- Is a secret religious right Facebook group plotting a cyber attack on the LGBT community?
- Blogger Michael Petrelis is recuperating from a bout with pneumonia. We wish him well in his recovery.
- The comic strip Funky Winkerbean will feature a gay teen storyline beginning April 30.
- The White House endorsed two pro-LGBT students bills last week during a screening of the film, Bully. Cynics immediately denounced the endorsements as pandering to make up for refusing to issue the ENDA executive order. Realists pointed out that the screening had been scheduled for a long time - as was the announcement.
- A New Zealand Anglican chaplain Paul Oestreicher caused quite a stir on Good Friday when he published a piece in the Guardian positing that Jesus was gay.
- FOX News' Bill O'Reilly thinks that teens watching Glee will suddenly become transgender after a possibly trans character was introduced last week. So much for O'Reilly being a "friend" to the trans community.
- James Beard Foundation president Susan Ungaro has returned an award given by the Boy Scouts after Michelangelo Signorile pointed out that the foundation's founder was kicked out of college for being gay. Ungaro writes that "I absolutely do not" support BSA's anti-gay policies.