Thinking about straight people having sex isn't particularly interesting, as a gay man, but it is true that they may have more 'gay sex' than us. Noah Michelson at The Huffington Post's Gay Voices vertical arrived at the realization that more straight people partake in sexual activities that do not result in pregnancy, as in oral, anal or whatever else they're into, i.e. 'gay sex.' Calling it 'gay sex' amuses me since, as Michelson points out, statistically it isn't gay at all but the heteronormative society we live in deems it 'gay' or 'dirty' or 'inappropriate' because the act doesn't result in an offspring.
What the societal connotations behind doing it in the naughty place or giving someone a blowjob, as Michelson points out, isn't that 'gay sex' is bad but that society is a prude. A puritan prude. Michelson continues explaining in his piece how classifying sex as bad and using that as an excuse to ignore it leads to negative consequences in society and even the gay movement's future thanks to our increasing societal acceptance. Now, wait a second to remove the images of straight people fornicating, and read some more news you need to know:
- Tired of fighting, Lance Armstrong has ended his defense against doping charges but at a costly price. The US Anti-Doping Agency pounced on the opportunity but Armstrong says his decision isn't an admittance of guilt.
- Abigail Adams would be slapping some mothers if she heard the news. Almost two hundred years after the first experimentation with vaccines, an increasing number of parents do not trust the tested science putting other children and the country at risk.
- Maybe we will have three-eyes fish in the future. Or, at least, in Japan.
- Remember the nasty letter a father wrote his gay son and the inspiring letter a soon-to-be dad wrote to his maybe gay son? Here's a gay dad's opinion on both and his own letter to his sons.
- Gawker reveals a huge cache of documents concerning Mitt Romney's assets. Though we all knew the money existed, it's more than anyone expected to see. As commenters on the post have pointed out, all of Romney's actions are legal so perhaps the question we should ask ourselves is: should hiding your money in this manner be legal?
- What is behind many anti-gay haters' logic? We know it's all nonsense, however it is important to understand what the other side bases it's points on and a piece from The Atlantic breaks it down one by one.
- Rock 'n' roll changed music and society in the West. Now, as China continues to open itself up to the West, it,'s experiencing a dramatic and fast musical transformation that may affect more than just what's on the radio. Of course, the Chinese government is keeping a close eye.
- As the debate of marriage equality continues in the UK, another voice of reason has sided with equality but, wait for it, he's part of the Church of England.
(img src: Photobucket)